Friday, June 3, 2011

FINALLY a Break...

I apologize if I haven't been posting much on here for a while but I have been busy repairing a couple of computers that I have (both Windows XP) which took longer than I thought it would to finish.  Anyway...

It's been quite a streak of hot weather that we've had across the Southeast for some time.  I am will to bet this put a lot of thoughts into some folks regarding last summer's brutal heat where everyday it seemed to be above 90 degrees for a high.  Yesterday also proved just how dangerous storms can be when able to feed off of the afternoon heating in this hot mess with relatively high dewpoints in place, which kicked off some very nasty severe storms.  Here in Gaston county, we were hit with everything except a tornado (brief peak gust of 65mph, large hail that was around golf ball size, dangerously frequent CG lightning and torrential rainfall).  Storms like such should be across parts of Western SC, parts of AL and most of GA for today as the better dynamics will be in place across those areas.  I believe today we back off from that for once with mid to upper 80s in most spots and some areas reaching 90.  Don't get too used to it though for we will be rebounding into the 90s once more next week with hardly a good chance of rain.  Stay safe and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment